Tuesday, September 7, 2010

THE SPIRIT OF GOD!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, GRANDMA STOKES. SHE HAS SHOWN ME NOTHING BUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. WE WERE SO EXCITED TO HEAR THE TEMPLE WAS GOING TO BE BUILT RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM HER HOUSE, SINCE SHE'S LOST HER SIGHT, IT WONT BE TOO MUCH WORK WITH THE HELP OF RICHARD TO CROSS THE STREET AND GO SIT IN THE TEMPLE ALL DAY IF SHE'D LIKE. WE ONLY PRAY AND HOPE HER HEALTH CONTINUES AND SHE IS STILL ALIVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE COMPLETED AND ENJOY THE BLESSINGS OF BEING SO CLOSE TO IT.
This was a special moment caught between mother and daughter, while singing my favorite Hymn "The Spirit of God". I was crying like a baby by the end thinking of our pioneers and the first temple dedication and all they endured and what the Lord has given to us by placing this temple 4 blocks up from my house. I also was torn, because I was able to witness this special moment between mother and daughter and thought of my children with me and what a great experience it was for them to experience what was going on. I thought of all the pioneers who sacrified and buried children along the way and finally were at peace when there Temple was finished and they were able to be sealed to the children they had lost along the way. :( After the dedication we went back to Grandma's for Lunch. It was so yummy and nice to be together as a family!









No comments:

Post a Comment